Connecting your Nintendo 2DS, 3DS, or DSi to VostroNet can be done in 4 easy steps. Follow these directions to connect your Nintendo DS to our wireless network.
Some menu screens pictured in this guide may be different on your device. However, the instructions are similar for all models. If you have any problems, please contact the VostroNet help desk team for assistance.
Step #1: Connect your Nintendo DS device to our network
You must connect your Nintendo DS to our wireless network before it can be registered to your account. Please follow these steps before moving on.
From the Home Menu, go to System Settings
Select Internet Settings
Open Connection Settings
Select New Connection
Select Manual Setup
Select VostroNet Connect - This network does not require a password
Your Nintendo DS will connect to our wireless network. However, it will not have internet access until it is registered to your account. Follow the next part of this guide to register your device.
Step 2 - Locate the MAC Address of your Nintendo DS
To locate the MAC Address of your Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, or 2DS:
- Go into System Settings
- Select Internet Settings
- Select Other Information
- Select Confirm MAC Address
- The MAC Address is displayed on screen
Step 3 - Add the Nintendo DS to your VostroNet account
- From another device, sign in to the VostroNet Portal
- Select Your Devices from the menu
- Add the Nintendo DS MAC Address to your account
- Sign out of the VostroNet portal
Please refer to this article for more information on how to add/remove devices from your account:
Step 4 - Restart your Nintendo DS and connect to Wi-Fi
- Restart your Nintendo DS console (Power off, then power on.)
- Connect your Nintendo DS to the "VostroNet Connect" Wi-Fi
- Your Nintendo DS should now be able to access the internet - Enjoy!
If you have any questions or need help with these instructions, please contact us for assistance.
We will be glad to assist wherever possible.